Turtle Creek Golf Course (formerly Greenville Country Club) is located just outside Greenville, Ohio. This golf course has been in Darke County since 1921. Now under new ownership as of December 2011, Turtle Creek is a fully public 18-hole golf course with a Golf Professional on staff for private or group lessons. Come and visit us, with our immaculate greens, fairways and tees we are the best course in the area and home to The Thirsty Turtle Lounge.
Please be aware of our Turtle Creek Golf Course Pace of Play Policy
Turtle Creek Golf Course is committed to reasonable pace of play expectations for all guests. Here are some contributing factors to slow play:
- Not arriving at the facility on the time.
- Not arriving at the first tee on time.
- Not warming up or stretching properly before the round.
- Hitting ‘Mulligans’.
- Playing the wrong (difficult) tees.
- Searching for balls in hazards when there is no hope of retrieval.
- Parking carts in the wrong position around greens.
- Discussions about scoring at the green.
- “Honors” – let the short hitter hit first.
- Congregating in the fairways. Don’t watch your fellow competitors hit EVERY one of their shots.
After substantial research and in an effort to make rounds of golf enjoyable for all golfers, we employ the following policies:
- We require rounds to be played in a specific amount of time. ( 4- 4 hr 15 mins)
- We will have staff members on the golf course monitoring all guests’ pace of play.
- Should you fall out of position during your round we will ask you to please improve your pace of play.
- We will ask you to pick up your pace a minimum of two times should you fall out of position.
- If any group does not return to an appropriate position on the golf course within a reasonable amount of time, we WILL ask you to skip a portion of the golf course to create that condition.
This policy is practiced with the intent of maintaining a reasonable pace of play for ALL guests. Please help us stop SLOW PLAY.